Link Transit has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. Link Transit has received Federal financial assistance from the DOT, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, Link Transit has signed an assurance bill that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of Link Transit to ensure DBEs as defined in 49 CFR Part 26 have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is our policy:
- To ensure non-discrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts; and
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
Sonjia Cross, Purchasing Manager for the City of Burlington is the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Liaison and is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program: She can be reached at email to: email@example.com or call: (336) 222-5006.
Implementation of the DBE program is afforded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by Link Transit in its financial assistance agreements with the DOT. Link Transit has disseminated this policy statement to the Burlington City Council, Link Transit and all of the components of the organization. We have distributed this statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for us on DOT-assisted contracts. Click here to review the Link Transit DBE Policy.
Video on tips for DBE Firms
Details about the North Carolina Department of Transportation Bidding and Award Process
North Carolina Department of Transportation DBE Program Information
City of Burlington/Link Transit Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program - FY 2022 to FY 2024