A free Transfer is issued when more than one bus route is required to get you to your destination. You can use a Transfer at locations where two or more Link Transit routes intersect. If you need to transfer, let the driver know when you board the bus and a Transfer will be issued to you from the driver. The Transfer is valid for the next connecting bus only, and expires 60 minutes from the time it is issued. Transfers cannot be used on the bus from which they were issued. The expiration time is printed on the Transfer. When you board your connecting bus, simply drop the Transfer Pass in the slot on the farebox. If the Transfer has expired, you will be required to pay another fare.
Protect Your Investment
Keep l Link Transit passes, cards and IDs in good condition so they can be read by the driver. Don’t bend them or get them wet. Keep them away from high heat and don’t leave them in the sun. All pass, transfers and IDs are non-transferable, cannot be shared and are non-refundable. Misuse of Link Transit passes and transfers may result in your being deined boarding.
$4 to Go! Day Pass
Basic and Discount Day Passes can be purchased on the bus or from the Token Transit app.
Bus Pass Sales Outlets
Starting December 11, 2023, you can purchase Basic and Discount 31-Day bus and 10-Ride paratransit passes at the following locations:
- Online with a credit card at www.tokentransit.com/send
- Download the Token Transit app at App Store or Google Play.
- By mailing a check, money order and the pass you want to: Link Transit, 234 East Summit Avenue, Burlington, NC 27215.
- In Burlington at the Municipal Annex Building, 237 W. Maple Ave., Burlington.
- In Gibsonville at the Town of Gibsonville Town Hall, 129 W. Main St., Gibsonville.
If you need bulk order of single ride tickets for $1.00 Basic or 50 cents Discount - contact Link Transit at (336) 222-7351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reduced Fare Card for Link Transit and Other Transit Systems
Passengers who have a disability, are 60 years of age or older, are Medicare card holders with a valid photo ID, or are students are eligible to apply for a Reduced Fare Card, which will allow them to ride for half the regular fare on Link Transit or on other transit systems that collect a fare, such as PART and GoTriangle.
Passengers qualifying for the reduced fare program can download an application (not applicable for paratransit service), or pick one up at one of the locations listed below:
- Burlington: Municipal Annex Building, 237 W. Maple Ave., Burlington
- Gibsonville: Town of Gibsonville Town Hall, 129 W. Main St., Gibsonville
- Alamance Community College: Main campus 1247 Jimmie Kerr Rd, Graham
Please complete the form, and attached associated proof of eligbility and mail to: Link Transit, P.O. Box 1358, Burlington, NC 27216, email to email@example.com or fax to (336) 222-5004. A card will be mailed to you within 21 days.